3 types of AI: a guide to narrow, general, and super artificial intelligence (part 2)

Luong Ngo

Tham gia
13/8/20
Bài viết
Được thích
1021 #1
Part 2 of this article will cover the other two types of Artificial Intelligence - general AI and artificial superintelligence.

AI grows to be so close to human thoughts and perceptions. (Photo: Apro Software)
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) / Strong AI / Deep AI

The idea of Artificial general intelligence (AGI), also known as strong AI or deep AI, is the system with general intelligence that simulates human intellect and actions. Under particular situations, AGI can think, comprehend and behave in a manner that is indistinguishable from that of a human being.

Finding a way to make machines conscious and programming a full set of cognitive abilities are the main barriers preventing scientists from achieving Deep AI. Apart from enhancing performance on singular tasks, machines will have to push experiential learning to the next level to apply the knowledge to a broader variety of challenges. Though knowing Deep AI follows the theory of mind AI framework training machines to understand humans, the lack of knowledge on the functionality of the human brain has refrained researchers from doing so.

It is more likely to see an improvement in the ability to learn of a machine than achieve a complete Artificial General Intelligence (AGI). For example, the effort to achieve AGI of one of the fastest supercomputers, Fujitsu-built K, has failed to yield any significant results given that it took 40 minutes to replicate a single second of neural activity.

Artificial Superintelligence (ASI)

Artificial Super-Intelligence (ASI) is a conceptual AI that not only mimics or recognizes human intellect and behavior but also becomes self-conscious and transcends human intelligence and capacity.

In ASI, artificial intelligence grows to be so close to human thoughts and perceptions that it not only recognizes them but evokes feelings, wishes, values and desires of its own. besides the ability to emulate everything human beings can do including math, science, sports, art, medicine, hobbies, emotional relationships, ASI will have a better memory and quicker capacity to interpret and evaluate data and stimuli.

Source: Codebots

About us: TMA Solutions was established in 1997 to provide quality software outsourcing services to leading companies worldwide. We are one of the largest software outsourcing companies in Vietnam with 2,500 engineers.
Visit us at https://www.tmasolutions.com/

jamesww

Tham gia
31/1/22
Bài viết
Được thích
Now it's a time when most areas of activity have begun to hang on to programming. So I started to get interested in it. Then I decided to order some coding courses from these guys midnightcoding.org. You know, I was surprised at such a result, not only did I start to be interested in coding, but I also got a lot of useful information. I can confidently recommend them to you, these guys will not let you down.

jamesww

Tham gia
31/1/22
Bài viết
Được thích
If you're struggling to play math games 24/7 to kids, you'll find many useful websites and resources that can help. There are games for every age group, resources for math educators, and professional development for teachers. In addition to these resources, you can also try NRICH, a free website that is dedicated to enriching mathematics for learners in grades one through twelve. The website offers more than 1200 math skills for elementary students, including geometry, probability, and beginning algebra. It also contains animations and videos to help build children's skills.

Theo dõi Youtube

Thành viên online

Không có thành viên trực tuyến lúc này

Quảng Cáo

Quảng Cáo

Có thể bạn quan tâm

Top Bottom